Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Psycho Woman Part 2

I'm sorry about the large gap between posts and the gap between topics. I had the full intention of posting Part 1 and Part 2 consecutively, but I got distracted doing my assignments (more on that in a later post), which I'm sure was obvious but still.


  
Now, I've only just figured out how to embed a video into a blogger post, so I'm sorry if the external link and the embedded video seem redundant. However, if I want to take screen-shots, I've only got MS Paint at my disposal, so please bear with me.

Now, there are about 20 signs or indicators of an Abusive Relationship:

01. Rough Treatment


02. Quick Attachment and Expression



03. Frightening Temper



04. Killing Your Self-Confidence

 
05. Cutting Off Your Support and 14. Your Friends and Family Dislike Him





06. The Mean and Sweet Cycle



07. It’s Always Your Fault ans 09. No Outside Interests


10. Paranoid Control and 11. Public Embarrassment



13. Entitlement



18. Walking on Eggshells and 20. They Make You “Crazy”






Maroon 5 managed to covey all of those in just 3 minutes and 31 seconds, I think that's a fair effort. Twilight by Stephanie Meyers managed to get 16 out of 20 and that was with just one book (let's not get started on the series as a whole, shall we?). 

Whilst watching the female actress (who is just that, an actress hired to play a certain role) beating up Adam Levine is no doubt distasteful, it's the apparent glee on her face as she beats the living day-lights out of him that disturbs me. And for what reason? Can there ever be a justifiable reason for behaviour like this. 

No, there isn't. 

Did no-one stop and think, "Hey Guys, maybe this isn't appropriate."? No obviously not. By the looks of it, none of the current members of either Maroon 5 or Matchbox 20 have experienced (whether it be personal or second-hand) Domestic Violence, and while I am glad of that, it's also disappointing. People should not have to personally experience Domestic Violence to realise that it is wrong. These are grown, adult men with managers and PR people at their disposal to help them prevent being involved in things like these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment